QCommission enables you to quickly calculate commission, verify results and distribute this information to your sales reps, project managers, installers, field technicians and staff. You can present the commission information in such a way that the sales people clearly understand what they are being paid and why they are being paid at a very detailed level. Excel and manual calculations can introduce a lot of errors into your calculations and cause your sales people to lose trust in you. QCommission can help avoid that by calculating all commissions systematically and reliably.
Calculate Accurately with Flexible Rules
- Pay commission based on customer jobs and job profitability
- Calculate commissions based sales revenue or gross profit.
- Calculate gross profit by comparing invoice amounts to item cost, bills or purchase order amount.
- Apply additional manual cost adjustments
- Track gross profit for entire job across periods.
- Pay commissions at time of invoicing, at time of payment, multiple milestones or when job is complete.
- True-up commissions at the end based on changing gross profit.
- Pay different commission rates for sales reps, managers and implementers.
- Pay commissions as a portion of results, flat amounts, tier rate with thresholds, etc.
- Pay commission rates based on profit levels
- Associate Customer to salespeople and pay commissions.
- Calculate incentives as often as you want.
- Handle cancellations and adjustments.
- Handle negative payouts.
- Split Sales commissions between multiple payees.
- Pay overrides to sales managers.
- Enter/modify sales transactions directly.
- Pay draws or guaranteed payouts.
QCommission is designed to integrate with QuickBooks®, Salesforce.com, Sage Peachtree, MS Dynamics GP, MS Dynamics Axapta and many others. QCommission can also accept Excel, fixed file and delimited format files. QCommission can also process some PDF format files. QCommission can also operate stand-alone.
- Import data from accounting system including Invoices, Expenses, Payees, Customers and Products.
- Import from Carrier data from Excel, PDF and fixed or text-delimited files.
- Restrict Transaction import using a date range.
- Export Commissions payouts for accounts payable and payroll.
- Export data to Excel, and fixed or text-delimited file formats.
- Eliminate shipping, tax charges from calculations.
QCommission stores all data entered and all payout calculations.
- QCommission stores all data entered and all payout calculations.
- Reproduce commission statements for prior periods.
- Report on split credits and uncredited transactions.
- Analyze historical transaction and payment information
- Email commission statements to payees.
- View commission statements through the web.
Good commission tracking software
GCommerce approaches digital marketing differently than their competitors. Instead of focusing solely on what service to sell their clients, they focus on the lifecycle a guest goes through when selecting their travel. At GCommerce, they use a combination of world-class management tools and fundamentally sound marketing practices to influence consumers at all stages of their journey. Their services are designed to deliver a complete digital marketing presence and help our clients gain market share.
Double payments and calculation errors were GCommerce’s major challenge, as well as linking the customer account with the right person for the commissions.
Including data entry, calculations, distribution, reporting, & error resolution times, it was taking them more than 4 hours a month to come up with accurate calculations.
The GCommerce team looked for various options that integrated with QuickBooks®. Finally, they found QCommission. It came highly rated as a software that works with QuickBooks®, plus QCommission’s flexibility compared to other software has been key for them as they continue to grow.
Their goal of calculating accurate commissions per payee, providing good statements to payees, and quickly fixing errors that are now in QuickBooks® was achieved with the help of QCommission.
GCommerce has been a satisfied QCommission customer for 1 year.
“Great for reconciling spreadsheets that are tracking the years of customer service against commission percentage changes. Customer service is great at responding and getting issues resolved quickly!”
- Christy Minnick, GCommerce Solutions
Visual App Upgrades from Easy-Commission to QCommission
“Visual App is an internet marketing and web design company in Dallas, Texas that specializes in developing online marketing strategies that assist business-to-business (B2B) companies in developing their business online.” – www.visualapp.com
Visual App has been helping companies grow through online marketing since 2003. Their experience, which spans more than a decade now, gives them an edge over their competition. They pride themselves in the high-quality service that they provide their clients, claiming that they are only as successful as they make their clients.
Some of their services include Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Local Search, Social Media, PPC, Email and Content Marketing, as well as web design and development.
Visual App has actually been a CellarStone customer for quite a while. They have been using Easy-Commission since July of 2012. Easy-Commission, however, was meant to be used with simple sales commission structures. As Visual App grew, so did the complexity of their sales commission plan.
They needed a sales commission software that could handle their new quarterly bonus.
Having worked with CellarStone using Easy-Commission, they did not need to look further. QCommission is a sales commission software that can be tailored to handle even the most complex sales compensation plans, so the decision was quite easy for Visual App.
As is customary, the QCommission team discussed the sales compensation requirements with Visual App’s team which was led by their President, Steve Snyder. It is mandatory that the QCommission team work out all the details of the customer’s sales compensation plan to ensure that the software will run without any glitches, while providing exactly the kind of automated calculation that the customer needs.
Once Visual App’s QCommission software was built, it was thoroughly tested with the customer before it was finally turned over.
Visual App has now been using QCommission for more than a year, and this is what their President, Steve Snyder, has to say so far, “The interesting dilemma in commissions is how to structure an incentive that is actually generating a result. With QCommission, we are able to structure both an ongoing commission and a bonus incentive that does exactly that. Commissions are now easy to understand. Bonus Incentives are now reported within the differing calendar date that makes it easy to understand too!”
“Commissions in a snap - Easy to export results - Great customer service!
The QCommission product is the upgrade from the Easy Commission product that we have used for several years. We have 2 commissions structures with different period endings, QCommission handles this easily and allows us to export the results for our very overworked sales reps.
I like the service because our commission discussions have documentation that is consistent.”
- Steve Snyder, President, Visual App
Oswald Marketing Finds a Compatible Sales Commission Software in the Form of QCommission
Oswald Marketing was founded over 30 years ago, and is a certified Women Business Enterprise (WBE). Located in America’s ‘heartland’, in Evansville, Indiana, Oswald takes pride in offering the experience, creativity, and insights, of a ‘big city’ full-service agency, all with a Midwest personalized touch and pricing. Services include Promotions & Sales Incentives: Promotional Items, Safety Programs, Media & Digital Strategy: (Media Placement, Social Media), and Video Production: (TV Commercials, Corporate Video, and Web & Print Design).
Here are some of the commission calculation challenges faced by the company, which sent them looking for a new solution:
- When they changed accounting software, the new program was not compatible with their previous commission program.
- Office Manager, Sheryl Hale said they decided to go with QCommission “after seeing the capabilities to handle requirements for payment, and working with QuickBooks®.”
- Also, for many products, Oswald is effectively a reseller, incurring direct costs themselves first for many items, before customizing (further costs) and then shipping (more costs) and reselling them to their customers. So, the solution needed to be able to identify and handle different crediting scenarios.
Sheryl worked with the QCommission Team to implement the sales commission solution, which included:
- Bi-weekly payouts.
- Different rates based on products.
- Exception processing of some shipping and handling rates.
The discovery and testing processes of the project highlighted some additional exceptions, which were resolved, along with a one-time historical conversion and true-up of YTD data. This brought them up to the current payment period; and once results were validated, the QCommission Team held training classes and hands-on work sessions, then Oswald Marketing went live with their implementation.
With these automated solutions, the company now enjoys the benefits of:
- Faster processing and accurate commission calculations (Time reduced from taking approximately 3-5 days, every two-week pay period, depending on how many orders were paid out)
- Increased trust in payouts by Sales Associates
- Timely distribution of commission statements to Sales Associates
“Once I was able to locate a program that was compatible with QB, I reached out and started working with my team immediately. It was a long process in the beginning, but it works, for the most part, for us. We seem to have a few little glitches now and then, but nothing with the program.
I still keep in touch with Karen, and I copy her on every issue I send to Support. She is wonderful with checking in with me and making sure Support keeps things rolling in order for me to be able to process payroll on time.
This program has saved me a considerable amount of time, although I have a few orders I always need to make adjustments for (because of how/what we pay on), but I am able to see those immediately when I run the calculations, so I know exactly what I need to change.
It has truly been a pleasure to work with this wonderful team. Karen, Jai, Sarath, Arun, and whoever else is behind the scenes with them. If given the chance to recommend this program to another company, I will most definitely do so happily.”
- Sheryl Hale, Office Manager, Oswald Marketing, Evansville, IN