QCommission enables you to quickly calculate commission, verify results and distribute this information to your agencies, agents, brokers and staff. You can present the commission information in such a way that the sales people clearly understand what they are being paid and why they are being paid at a very detailed level. Excel and manual calculations can introduce a lot of errors into your calculations and cause your sales people to lose trust in you. QCommission can help avoid that by calculating all commissions systematically and reliably.
Calculate Accurately with Flexible Rules
- Import incoming commissions from carrier files
- Pay commissions on New policies written
- Pay commissions against policy renewals
- Pay commissions against premiums.
- Process multiple carrier files and credit sales people
- Split commissions with payees
- Split commissions between multiple payees for a policy
- Provide override commissions to agencies
- Provide override commissions to internal staff
- Vary commissions by carrier, type of insurance product, year written, etc
- Pay residual commissions forever
- Pay different commission rates based on year of premium
- Deduct various fees such as marketing and desk fees
- Deduct commissions for cancelled polices
- Pay weekly, bi-weekly, twice-monthly, monthly
- Pay overrides to sales managers.
- Pay draws or guaranteed payouts.
Import/ExportQCommission is designed to integrate with QuickBooks®, Salesforce.com, Sage Peachtree, MS Dynamics GP, MS Dynamics Axapta and many others. QCommission can also accept Excel, fixed file and delimited format files. QCommission can also process some PDF format files. QCommission can also operate stand-alone.
- Import data from accounting system including Invoices, Expenses, Payees, Customers and Products.
- Import from Carrier data from Excel, PDF and fixed or text-delimited files.
- Ability to automatically download multiple insurance carrier files and process them.
- Ability to process commissions for the same agent with multiple carriers having different agent codes and combine the data.
- Ability to validate and reprocess the insurance carrier files coming in.
- Restrict Transaction import using a date range.
- Export Commissions payouts for accounts payable and payroll.
- Export data to Excel, and fixed or text-delimited file formats.
ReportingQCommission stores all data entered and all payout calculations.
- Produce Carrier applications batch report.
- Produce Daily applications submitted report by agent.
- Produce detailed commission statements by payee.
- Reproduce commission statements for prior periods.
- Report on split credits and uncredited transactions.
- Analyze historical transaction and payment information.
- Email commission statements to payees.
- View commission statements through the web.
The Sterling Group Selects QCommission for their Sales Commission
The Sterling Group provides support to Automotive Dealerships throughout the United States.This includes Finance and Insurance products offered by Dealerships, including: Appearance Protection, Credit Insurance, Disability, Gap Coverage, Limited Warranties, Planned Maintenance, Tire & Wheel, Vehicle Service Contracts, and Theft Protection. Currently The Sterling Group supports over 300 Auto Dealerships, and has strategic partnerships with over 40 Carriers, representing over 100 products. They have 220 payees, comprised of Dealership Payees, Sterling Group Sales Reps, and Managers.
Prior to QCommission, The Sterling Group was calculating commissions manually using spreadsheets and an internal database tool, for counting and reporting against manually entered transaction data from Carrier files. Debbie Kerley, Director of Business Operations, and staff spent numerous hours in manually transferring data into the database and spreadsheets, from multiple carrier spreadsheets, word files, and pdf documents. They then assigned the data for proper crediting, applying individually negotiated rates for Dealerships, Payees, and Products. This manual process was very time consuming, taking up to 3 weeks each month, to meet a monthly payroll.
The QCommission implementation team started the project by doing in-depth discovery meetings and reviews of all the Carrier files (which vary greatly in format, making product identification, counts, and sales, gross and net, initially challenging.) Another challenge was properly crediting transactions to Dealerships, because of the absence of a unique identifier (e.g. Dealership #) to link on (i.e. each Carrier could have its own version, text, of a Dealership Name. With 25-30 Carrier files being automated, and 300 Dealerships, it was exponential.) Mapping and grouping was used to resolve this complex issue, which was key to proper crediting and payment.
QCommission provided various templates, including ones to interface and import the monthly Carrier files; and, also ones to import details for Dealerships, for Products (product rates, by Carrier, individually negotiated with multiple payees within each Dealership), and for Payees. There were 3 different commission plan incentives configured in QCommission (Dealership Rep payments, Sales Rep commission, and 3 levels of Manager override commission). The commission statement was laid out in a clean and readable manner for the sales rep and managers. The project was very complex and got completed within the estimated budget cost. Additional projects for custom reports, and added incentive plans have also since been entrusted and completed, as well as an integration with Salesforce.com.
"The customer support team was superb!! Trying to analyze the multiple plans we currently had grown into. Massive work to get thousands of product lines, from over 40 carriers, into an automated system. It was such a challenge, due to our complexity of accounts, products, numerous sales rep commission rates.
I have worked with many software companies and converted lots of manual accounting systems to more automated systems. QCommission has proven to be the best, efficient, and professional I have ever worked with. The manual system of calculating commissions by excel numerous ways was a 3-week process for a once a month payroll. Now it’s a one-day process, importing, calculating, and running statements. IT IS SUPERB. If anyone wants a recommendation, I’ll be glad to represent our company for you.”