QCommission enables you to quickly calculate commission, verify results and distribute this information to your inside reps, outside reps and other staff. You can present the commission information in such a way that the sales people clearly understand what they are being paid and why they are being paid at a very detailed level. Excel and manual calculations can introduce a lot of errors into your calculations and cause your sales people to lose trust in you. QCommission can help avoid that by calculating all commissions systematically and reliably.
Software firms' sales revenue is typically license fees, maintenance contracts and professional services. Occasionally one-time license fees can be substituted by periodic subscription fees on a contracted basis. Sales staff may include direct sales reps, account executives, sales support engineers and managers. Occasionally, external resellers and referral partners may also be involved.
Typical commission plans for these payees may include:
- credit sales by customer, territory or by deal
- pay different rates for different products and services
- Pay tiered rates based on quota attainment
- Pay declining commissions rates for contract years
- Royalty payments to third party products included in sales
Calculate Accurately with Flexible Rules
- Pay commission by product or service.
- Calculate commissions based sales revenue or gross profit.
- Calculate gross profit by comparing invoice amounts to item cost, or purchase order amount.
- Pay commissions at time of invoicing, at time of payment or when job is complete.
- Pay different commission rates for sales reps, account executives sales support, and referral partners.
- Pay commissions as a portion of results, flat amounts, tier rate with thresholds, etc.
- Associate Customer to salespeople and pay commissions.
- Calculate incentives as often as you want.
- Handle cancellations and adjustments.
- Handle negative payouts.
- Split Sales commissions between multiple payees.
- Pay overrides to sales managers.
- Pay draws or guaranteed payouts.
QCommission is integrated with QuickBooks™, Salesforce.com, Sage Peachtree MS Dynamics GP, MS Dynamics Axapta and many others. QCommission can also accept Excel, fixed file and delimited format files. QCommission can also process some PDF format files. QCommission can also operate stand-alone.
- Import data from accounting system including Invoices, Expenses, Payees, Customers and Products.
- Import from Excel, PDF and fixed or text-delimited files.
- Restrict Transaction import using a date range.
- Export Commissions payouts for accounts payable and payroll
- Export data to Excel, and fixed or text-delimited file formats.
- Eliminate shipping, tax charges from calculations
QCommission stores all data entered and all payout calculations.
- Produce detailed commission statements by payee.
- Reproduce commission statements for prior periods.
- Report on split credits and uncredited transactions.
- Analyze historical transaction and payment information
- Email commission statements to payees.
- View commission statements through the web.
QCommission satisfies MDP Supply’s sales commission calculation needs.
Emporos is a leading service provider of pharmacy point of sale (POS) solutions. Their MerchantSoft system addresses the unique needs of pharmacies, enabling pharmacists to quickly verify prescriptions and current customer medications.
At the time of implementation, the Company had recently rolled out their commission plan and wished to implement an automated sales commission tool so they could avoid the complexity of calculating commissions manually.
The Company looked at various options that interfaced with QuickBooks Enterprise. Ultimately, QCommission was selected because of its full functionality and ability to interface with QuickBooks Enterprise.
Creative Strategies Simplifies their Sales Commission Process with the Help of QCommission
Creative Strategies is a leading innovator of medication and care management software solutions to optimize and error proof the shared process between caregivers and pharmacists in the senior care, assisted living, and corrections markets. Our solutions are widely adopted by some of the most well-respected assisted living and skilled nursing communities and correctional facilities across the country to ensure the highest levels of clinical excellence for their residents.
Manual methods of tracking and processing sales commissions take a considerable amount of time. Creating and/or editing spreadsheets with new data leaves little time to actually analyze the information or focus one’s time on other tasks needing to be completed. Utilizing a software developed specifically for recording, tracking, and reporting commissions dramatically decreases the amount of time spent per pay period processing commissions and ensures a better, more accurate, and efficient way of completing the task.
After conducting a Request for Information (RFI), Creative Strategies selected QCommission as their software of choice. In collaboration with Creative Strategies, the QCommission team performed a needs analysis to ensure QCommission was the best fit for the company and was able to meet their needs. A requirements-based demo was presented to the Creative Strategies team, led by Vickie Sample, Corporate Controller, at which time the decision was made that QCommission was indeed the best fit and exactly what they were looking for.
Creative Strategies has been a satisfied QCommission user for the past six (6) months.
“[QCommission] is easy to use and makes keeping up with sales commissions a much smoother process. The software provides me with the confidence of knowing the automated reporting is accurate and reassures me the sales team is getting paid correctly.”