Construction Solar Industry Sales Commission
QCommission enables you to quickly calculate commission, verify results, and distribute this information to your sales reps, project managers, installers, field technicians, and staff. You can present the commission information in such a way that the sales people clearly understand what they are being paid and why they are being paid at a very detailed level. Excel and manual calculations can introduce a lot of errors into your calculations and cause your sales people to lose trust in you. QCommission can help avoid that by calculating all commissions systematically and reliably.
Calculate Accurately with Flexible Rules
QCommission provides a lot of flexibility to set up commission plans that are unique to your company and your payees.
- Pay commission based on customer jobs and job profitability
- Calculate commissions based sales revenue or gross profit.
- Calculate gross profit by comparing invoice amounts to item cost, bills or purchase order amount.
- Pay commission based on Kilowatts and Watts (kwh) installed
- Pay differently by commercial and residential installations
- Apply additional manual cost adjustments
- Track gross profit for entire job across periods.
- Pay commissions at time of invoicing, at time of payment, multiple milestones or when job is complete.
- True-up commissions at the end based on changing gross profit.
- Pay different commission rates for sales reps, managers and implementers.
- Pay commissions as a portion of results, flat amounts, tier rate with thresholds, etc.
- Pay commission rates based on profit levels
- Associate Customer to salespeople and pay commissions.
- Calculate incentives as often as you want.
- Handle cancellations and adjustments.
- Handle negative payouts.
- Split Sales commissions between multiple payees.
- Pay overrides to sales managers.
- Enter/modify sales transactions directly.
- Pay draws or guaranteed payouts.
QCommission is designed to integrate with Salesforce.com, QuickBooks, Sage Peachtree, MS Dynamics GP, MS Dynamics Axapta and many others. QCommission can also accept Excel, fixed file and delimited format files. QCommission can also process some PDF format files. QCommission can also operate stand-alone.
- Import data from accounting systems including Invoices, Expenses, Payees, Customers and Products.
- Import from Excel, PDF and fixed or text-delimited files.
- Restrict Transaction import using a date range.
- Export Commissions payouts for accounts payable and payroll
- Export data to Excel, and fixed or text-delimited file formats.
- Eliminate shipping, tax charges from calculations
- QCommission stores all data entered and all payout calculations.
- Reproduce commission statements for prior periods.
- Report on split credits and uncredited transactions.
- Analyze historical transaction and payment information
- Email commission statements to payees.
- View commission statements through the web.
Dome Cleaning, Inc. is a professional cleaning company with two divisions designed to meet the cleaning needs of commercial and residential clients. Their operations division provides janitorial services for commercial clients. They typically perform these services in the common areas of Homeowners’ Associations and apartment buildings during the day and in commercial properties in the day or night.
Dome had a major challenge calculating commissions with their manual processes. Tracking estimated against actual hours was done in Excel by manually extracting information from QuickBooks. They need a lot of other unique information to include in their calculation such as:
- paying on gross profit of job
- subtracting labor and overhead
- different rates for special cleaning jobs
- 2 and 3 way splits
- pay on paid invoices
- bi-weekly calculations
This process was very time consuming for their comp administrator so they started looking for a solution. The company chose to utilize the software QCommission which integrates with QuickBooks, to automate their commission administration. Accurate calculation and simple administration were the key deciding factors in selecting QCommission. Alan Marwill, President of Dome, selected QCommission based on the fact that this is the only software that can meet their requirements at the right price especially during this current economic crisis.
Tweetie, the office manager who is the comp administrator, was very pleased with QCommission when she tested the results of the first period run. “The outstanding level of service support by the implementation team was amazing”, said Tweetie.
On the first month, the company could see their ROI realized - from the reduced amount of time spent, error free calculation and professional looking statements. “QCommission has tremendously helped us in our commission calculation. The automated process of calculating commission payments assure both the company and our sales people of accurate commission calculation, and in less than half the time it usually took!” said Tweetie. ”We will definitely recommend this software to others,” she adds.