The Successful Salesperson's Handbook, A Guide to Increasing Your Closing Rate
Introduction: What is the Role of a Successful Salesperson
A successful salesperson is someone who has the ability to persuade a customer to purchase a product or service. They need to be able to have an understanding of the customer and their needs. Successful salespeople are able to build relationships with their customers and find out what they want. They also need to be able to identify the needs of their customers.
What is the Key to Being a Successful Salesperson?
Salespeople are successful when they have the right set of skills and the ability to connect with people. They need to be able to listen, empathize and understand their customer's needs. They should also be confident in themselves and their product.
How to Increase Your Closing Rate with Advanced Closing Techniques
Closing techniques are a set of strategies and tactics that sales people use to close deals. They are designed to overcome the objections of a prospect.
The closing technique you choose should depend on your personality, the product you’re selling and the type of customer you’re dealing with.
According to revenuegrid.com, there are closing techniques you can use in any scenario. Here are the Top 5 Closing Techniques:
- Puppy Dog Close. Letting clients try the product and ensuring they feel happy and satisfied while using it
- Assumptive Close. Assuming that your sale is already closed is one of the most powerful techniques you can use. Using assertive statements like, “What day this week would you like to receive your order?” or “I’ll draw up our contract. Are you available to sign later at 4pm?” can give you a higher closing rate.
- Urgency Close. Creating a sense of urgency by providing limited time offers have a high closing rate because it encourages them to make a decision in a shorter amount of time.
- Empathy Close. This is effective because it means you are offering a solution to your customers’ pain points or problems. As the saying goes, “sell a solution, not a product”. Your customers will be grateful for it.
- Question Close. If after your sales presentation your customer still seems hesitant to make a decision, asking questions can help steer you both in the right direction. Ask questions like “Is there anything preventing you from getting this deal today?” then address the customer’s concern appropriately in order to come closer to a closing.
Conclusion and Takeaways
There is no hard and fast rule when it comes to the closing technique that you should use for every customer. As we all know, every person is different. Knowing your customer will help you close deals in a more personal way, and that will allow you both to walk away happily after a deal is closed.