QCommission enables you to quickly calculate commission, draw and bonuses, verify results and distribute this information to your account executives, recruiters, consultants and managers. Present the commission information in such a way that your staff clearly understands what they are being paid and why they are being paid at a very detailed level. Excel and manual calculations can introduce a lot of errors into your calculations and cause your staff to lose trust in you. QCommission can help avoid that by calculating all commissions systematically and reliably.
Staffing firms typically provide recruiting services, permanent placements and contract placements. Sales revenues are typically, placement fees, retainers and hourly billing for service hours. Sales staff may include recruiters, account executives and managers. Placed consultants may also get paid incentives for performance.
Typical commission plans for these payees may include:
- Credit sales by customer, territory or by project
- Pay different rates for different services
- Pay on profitability of services billed
- Split commissions between multiple participants
Calculate Accurately with Flexible Rules
QCommission provides a lot of flexibility to set up commission plans that are unique to your company and your payees.
- Pay Commission by Customer, Type of Service such as Permanent Placement or Contract.
- Calculate based on Placement Fee, Billing Revenue, Billing Hours, Gross Profit, etc.
- Pay commissions as an hourly rate for Billed Hours.
- Deduct Pay rate, labor costs and other expenses before paying commissions.
- Pay flat amount per Placement.
- Pay different commission rates for Account Executives, Recruiters or Consultants.
- Pay incentives as a portion of results, flat amounts, tier rate with thresholds etc.
- Associate Customer and Customer Projects with specific salespeople and pay commissions.
- Calculate multiple incentives and bonuses for a payee per period.
- Calculate incentives as often as you want.
- Handle cancellations and adjustments.
- Handle negative payouts.
- Split Sales commissions between multiple payees.
- Pay overrides to sales managers.
- Rollup credits to multiple levels of the organization.
- Enter/modify sales transactions directly.
- Pay draws or guaranteed payouts.
QCommission is designed to integrate with QuickBooks®, Salesforce.com®, Sage Peachtree MS Dynamics GP, MS Dynamics Axapta and many others. QCommission can also accept Excel, fixed file and delimited format files. QCommission can also process some PDF format files. QCommission can also operate stand-alone.
- Import data from accounting system including Invoices, Expenses, Payees, Customers and Products.
- Import from Excel, PDF and fixed or text-delimited files.
- Restrict Transaction import using a date range.
- Export Commissions payouts for accounts payable and payroll.
- Export data to Excel, and fixed or text-delimited file formats.
QCommission stores all data entered and all payout calculations.
- Produce detailed commission statements by payee.
- Reproduce commission statements for prior periods.
- Report on split credits and uncredited transactions.
- Analyze historical transaction and payment information.
- Email commission statements to payees.
- View commission statements through the web.
Avoid Sales Commission Litigation
Staffing Industry Sample Plans
QCommission Streamlines Top Management Recruiting Office
Magee Resource Group (MRG) is an award recruiting/placement firm ranking among the top offices in the Management Recruiting International (MRI) family. Located in Shreveport, Louisiana, MRG continues to set records each year in billings and "cash in" with professional recruiters working with client companies and candidates across the United States and Canada. Only 14 years old, MRG has grown to almost 30 account and project managers with a support staff of an additional six officers and administrative staff.
As part of a planned expansion, newly-hired controller, Shelby Smith, was tasked with examining each accounting, billing and commissioning process with an eye toward streamlining the entire flow of revenue from the receipt of payments (or "cash in") to the payroll/commission checks and P&L statement. MRG had recently converted to QuickBooks® Pro and although Shelby found it easy to clean up the accounting ledgers, the entire process of taking paid invoices and distributing revenue amounts to commission statements was a huge roadblock to significant progress. Each recruiter had a different plan, some with draws, and others with salaries. In addition, MRG also does a significant subcontracting business and each "deal" may involve three or four different recruiters being paid at different rates for each payment received from a particular client.
QCommission's ability to take one paid invoice record and process it to multiple payees incentive plans proved to be a huge timesaver and the key to a solution that had eluded MRG's owners up to that point. The interface with QuickBooks® also meant that invoice payments would be imported correctly each time and not subject to human error.
"No matter how complex our contract and placement billings, it takes only a few seconds to review and edit, if necessary, QCommission's transaction database." Shelby said. "Even last minute payments can be quickly processed, so our recruiters receive their commissions without having to wait for the next payroll cycle."
Because of the tight schedule, Shelby was also pleased with CellarStone's rapid implementation. With only a few days to work with after the Christmas holidays, CellarStone's programmers configured and tested MRG's complete software package. "I've been delighted with the attention we received both before and after our implementation, says Shelby. "I've developed a wonderful relationship with everyone in the company and consider them valuable partners in my task to improve MRG.
Magee Resource Group was established in 1991 and has established itself as one of the top single-office search firms in the world through excellence in search within the information technology, general manufacturing, healthcare, banking, and construction arenas. More specifically, MRG is home to award winning recruiters dedicated exclusively to five niche areas: SAP R/3 software, automotive manufacturing, healthcare construction, banking, and acute care. While MRG's roots are firmly placed as a leader in permanent placement recruiting, MRG offers a wide array of end-to-end human capital solutions, which also includes outsourcing (contract resources), technical consulting, and a full suite of human resource services.
While some clients have secured MRG's services to solve specific human capital issues with executive search, compensation and retention analysis, or SAP R/3 consulting, others have come to rely on MRG as their own human resource department. With the ability to lower cost-per-hire and increase retention, MRG has been able to save single individual clients millions of dollars in a single year along with providing fast delivery and the convenience of a single point-of-contact.
Magee Resource Group - QCommission’s ability to take one paid invoice record and process it to multiple payees incentive plans proved to be a huge timesaver..
Shelby Smith - Controller Magee Resource Group.
Embedded Resource Group - "Cellarstone’s staff was able to easily convert the existing complex commission program comprised of some fairly difficult formulas into there software program and map each payout transaction to the appropriate sales person and recruiter with great accuracy."
Tim - President - Embedded Resource Group.
Direct Staff Inc. - “The statement and calculation results are available in a timely manner and provide clear statement for my sales reps. QCommission has saved me a lot of effort and time."
Angelo Peruzzi - President, Direct Staff Inc.