QCommission enables you to quickly calculate commission, draw and bonuses, verify results and distribute this information to your account executives, project managers and consultants. Present the commission information in such a way that your staff clearly understands what they are being paid and why they are being paid at a very detailed level. Excel and manual calculations can introduce a lot of errors into your calculations and cause your staff to lose trust in you. QCommission can help avoid that by calculating all commissions systematically and reliably.
Consulting firms typically provide contract staff and project management services. Sales revenues are typically and hourly billing for service hours or fixed bid projects. Sales staff may include Account executives, Sales Managers, Project Managers and Consultants.
Typical commission plans for these payees may include:
- Credit sales by customer, by project and by consultant
- pay different rates for different services
- pay on profitability of hourly services billed
- pay on project profitability
- split commissions between multiple participants
- pay on project deliverables
Calculate Accurately with Flexible Rules
QCommission provides a lot of flexibility to set up commission plans that are unique to your company and your payees.
- Pay Commission by Customer, Type of Service such as Permanent Placement or Contract.
- Calculate based on Billing Revenue, Billing Hours, Gross Profit, etc.
- Pay commissions as an hourly rate for Billed Hours.
- Deduct Pay rate, labor costs and other expenses before paying commissions.
- Pay different commission rates for Account Executives, Project Managers or Consultants.
- Pay commissions as a percent of sales, flat amounts.
- Pay commissions as a tiered rate against quota attainment or thresholds.
- Track profitability for a full customer project over time, pay advances and commissions based on project phases.
- Associate Customer and Customer Projects with specific salespeople and pay commissions.
- Associate Customer Project and Consultant to specific sales people and pay commissions.
- Calculate multiple incentives and bonuses for a payee per period.
- Calculate incentives as often as you want.
- Handle cancellations and adjustments.
- Handle negative payouts.
- Split Sales commissions between multiple payees.
- Pay overrides to sales managers.
- Rollup credits to multiple levels of the organization.
- Pay draws or guaranteed payouts.
QCommission is designed to integrate with QuickBooks®, Salesforce.com®, Sage Peachtree MS Dynamics GP, MS Dynamics Axapta and many others. QCommission can also accept Excel, fixed file and delimited format files. QCommission can also process some PDF format files. QCommission can also operate stand-alone.
- Import data from accounting system including Invoices, Expenses, Payees, Customers and Products.
- Import from Excel, PDF and fixed or text-delimited files.
- Restrict Transaction import using a date range.
- Export Commissions payouts for accounts payable and payroll.
- Export data to Excel, and fixed or text-delimited file formats.
QCommission stores all data entered and all payout calculations.
- Produce detailed commission statements by payee.
- Reproduce commission statements for prior periods.
- Report on split credits and uncredited transactions.
- Analyze historical transaction and payment information.
- Email commission statements to payees.
- View commission statements through the web.
Consulting Industry Sample Plans
Apptis applies QCommission to improve their sales commission calculation processes.
Apptis Technology Solutions, LLC is a leading provider of IT solutions and services for government and industry. Since 1983, they have been applying leading technologies to diverse needs, delivering solutions that are agile, trusted, and business-aligned for optimized performance. They have extensive experience delivering solutions for organizations in key commercial market sectors and all major federal agencies and branches of the military.
Apptis has complex commission plans for over 100 sales people in 3 offices. They would spend a lot of hours each month just to extract and compile the data from Cost Point and Deltek. They pay commissions on both gross profit and revenue. With about 10 different plans from Account Manager to Vice President, they spend a minimum of 2 to 3 days using Excel to complete the manual calculations. There are 3 unique Sales Reps with split commissions which makes the calculations more complicated. Typically there would be one or two errors in calculations every month, due to the high volume of data and using Excel to calculate commissions.
Chris Costabile, Manager for the project at Apptis searched for software that would fit their needs and after a thorough search, they found QCommission. "The selection team at Apptis selected QCommission because, the QCommission team was more responsive to them during the sales process, the QCommission solution had better integration options, the reporting of commissions was better and the pricing was better than the other solutions in the marketplace", says Chris.
"QCommission has been working very well in processing and calculating Apptis' commissions. The project took a bit longer than expected. The implementation team had to wait for other individuals who should have been involved in the process from the beginning, and in the end the team managed the implementation well and did a great job", says Michelle Wilson, the compensation administrator.
"The biggest benefit from QCommission has been the turnaround time to calculate commissions, decreasing the room for error and duplicate payouts, and the ability to provide commission statements to the Account Team", adds Michelle.
Ranked number 35 on the Washington Technology Top 100 Government Contractors list, Apptis is a leading provider of IT solutions and services for government and industry. Since 1983, we have been applying leading technologies to diverse needs, delivering solutions that are agile, trusted, and business-aligned for optimized performance.
With a fresh-thinking culture steeped in innovation, our goal is to add depth, value, and reach to IT investments by "inspiring solutions" that set new standards of performance. We do this by leveraging strong domain knowledge and the advanced technical expertise of our people and partners. Integrity and partnership define our approach to client relationships. We strive to earn "clients for life" by working collaboratively and delivering expertly to drive client success.
Apptis has extensive experience delivering solutions for organizations all major federal agencies and branches of the military. We employ 1,100 seasoned professionals throughout the world, giving us the professional strength and global geography to deliver solutions anytime, anywhere.